[squid-users] About the delay_pool in squid 3.0 STABLE1

From: Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo <charlie.mtp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:48:46 -0400

Hi!! I have installed Squid 3.0 STABLE1 in UBUNTU since a few months
ago, and I tried

to use the delay_pool with a fixed speed without any problems. Now, I
want to let the

user to download at more speed in the launch hour, so I put others
delay_pool for that

time and a different speed for the page that not contain the
restriction, but I can

see when the connection starts at this time, and the lunch it's over
the speed do not

decrease. I think it's that the connection established can't be
modified, but I hope

squid do not work like this. Here I send part of my squid.conf.

acl special_client src 192.168.0.10/32
acl client src 192.168.0.20/32
#page control are page like megaupload, hotfile, an others
acl page_control url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/page_control"
#ext_control are extension like .rar .iso, and many others
acl ext_control url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/ext_control"
acl happy_hours time MTWHFA 12:00-13:30

delay_pool 4
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 51200/51200
delay_access 1 allow special_client page_control happy_hours
delay_access 1 allow special_client ext_control happy_hours
delay_access deny all
delay_class 2 1
delay_parameters 2 30000/30000
delay_access 2 allow client page_control happy_hours
delay_access 2 allow client ext_control happy_hours
delay_access 2 deny all
delay_class 3 1
delay_parameters 3 90000/90000
delay_access 3 allow client page_control !happy_hours
delay_access 3 allow special_client ext_control !happy_hours
delay_access 3 deny all
delay_class 4 1
delay_parameters 4 1200000/1200000
delay_access 4 allow client !page_control !ext_control
delay_access 4 allow special_client !page_control !ext_control
delay_access 4 deny all

Waiting for your answer !!!