Re: [squid-users] Missing cachemgr.cgi

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 17:03:15 +1200

On 01/05/11 16:29, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> I installed Squid 3.0 Stable1 in my Ubuntu, but now, I can't find my

Your Uubuntu needs an upgrade. Lucid (10.04) is the supported LTS
release and has 3.0.STABLE19

> cachemgr.cgi or cachemgr.conf, I search in
> /usr/lib/squid3
> /etc/squid/cachemgr.conf
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/cachemgr3.cgi
>
> I guess was not installed when I use my apt-get install squid3. Anyone
> can help me?

The administrative tools are independent of the proxy and packaged
separately on Debian systems so admin can install one shared copy on the
management servers and not on every production proxy.

For the CGI management tool "aptitude install squid-cgi" is recommended.

Alternatively the command line tool "aptitude install squidclient".

NOTE for the pedants: the cachemgr3.cgi binary and squid3-* tools
packaging in Debian and child OS was temporary and now obsoleted.
Upgrade to the above mentioned packages ASAP please.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1