Re: [squid-users] FW: create two groups

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 17:23:10 +1200

On 01/05/11 16:37, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> Using something like NCSA auth and two files with the name of users,
> and two ACL for that files I can't do something like that?

Auth produces a OK/ERR answer. On ERR the user is known/authenticated.
On OK they are unknown/non-authenticated. There is no "maybe" in
authentication.

You have been looking at it all wrong anyways.

   Authorization and Authentication are two very different concepts in
Security AND treated as such in Squid.
   auth_param takes care of authentication.
   ACL and *_access takes care of authorization.

You only need need group. This group is either allowed or not allowed to
use the proxy.

Users who are not authenticated CANNOT be a member of any group (for
example which type of apple is a banana?). Users who are authenticated
can have their group checked by ACL which decide access.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1