Re: [squid-users] proxy single sign-on

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 19:48:08 +1200

On 04/05/11 19:31, patrick.oeschger_at_bluewin.ch wrote:
> proxy (basic) authorization works well for the moment - so far so good...
> i had a look at one of the commercial
> products recently and they do some kind of single sign-on for their proxy service
> - the user will logon for the first
> time with username/password
> - a flash cookie (LSO - local stored object) will be set in the users broswer with no
> expiration time
> - further authorizations (after browser was closed / machine restarted) will be granted based on this
> flash cookie
>
> i am in no way a squid/auth/flash guru...
> has anyone tried a similar approach on squid?

BlueCoat? (they seems to like this style of login).

> it seems that
> flash can be used to set various headers in the browser (if flash plugin installed...)
> so lets say the authentication
> succeeds and flash will set the 'proxy-auth' header
> ...will this header then be used in all subsequent browser
> requests?

Interesting question. Try it?

> a bit flash centric i know - pardon me ;D
> /pat

Not at all. We dearly need somebody with the will to try and see good
proxy-auth methods documented for Flash, Java libraries, and quite a few
other applications as well.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1