[squid-users] Squid v/s Apache's reverse proxy

From: Jawahar Balakrishnan \(JB\) <jbalakri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:27:53 -0400

We are evaluating a vendor who claims that their Apache proxy based
solution performs better than Squid because squid doesn't scale on a
multi-cpu / multi core servers whereas apache does scale nicely. Their
tests show squid version 2.7 to perform at 2000 requests/sec while the
apache solution performs closer 10K requests/sec and also shows the
newer versions to be slower and is better off as a forward proxy
solution.

I would love to hear from anyone who might have done a similar
comparison or if anyone has any thoughts on this. I definitely don't
doubt their claims but it came as a surprise to me.

Thanks
JB