Re: [squid-users] Squid v/s Apache's reverse proxy

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:30:37 +1200

Hi John,

I have seen it doing 1500 +-/sec (Peaks into the 2000) without the CPU
breaking into a sweat (as in less than 10%....even 5). This is 3.1 thou
(Which I thought was slower than 2.7 ?)

Surely if it was crappy code (which it's not) the CPU would be the
bottleneck to crack 2000/sec (Unless the disks was slowing down the
caching, but again, this would be shown on IOWait time on the CPU - the
10/5% I was referring to was idle time)

Cheers,

Pieter