Re: [squid-users] Re: MySQL authentication problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:55:49 +1200

On 11/05/11 18:37, Sarim Khan wrote:
> Hi,
> Hello all,
> I compiled and installed squid on debian 6 server. I want to use
> authentication in proxy so i configure squid to use mysql.
> I followed /ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Mysql tutorial of squid-cache wiki.
> Now in my server,
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_db_auth --user someuser --password xxxx
> --plaintext --persist
> this test runs ok,
> now in my pc i run,
> ssh -f root_at_domain.com -L 3128:domain.com:3128 -N
> then i run,
> chromium --proxy-server="localhost:3128"
> but it's not working , i get the error,
>
> No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no
> data. Here are some suggestions: Reload this web page later. Error 324
> (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without
> sending any data.
>

> So think the problem is that i dont / cant use authentication because
> i cant see any option of providing username and password in chromium
> or firefox or system proxy setting window.

No. The browser will search for credentials to send. Failing to find any
from its credentials cache or the OS it will do a popup and ask you to
enter them.

That is of course assuming that the 407 reply from Squid is received
back correctly. The error message implies that nothing at all was
received back. This could be true or one of Chromiums so-called
"friendly" error pages hiding an actual message from Squid.

> How can i provide the username and password to proxy server ?
>
> My System info,
>
> server : Debian 6 32-bit
> processor : 300MHz
> RAM : 256MB
>
> pc : opensuse 11.4 kde 32bit
> processor : core 2 duo 2.8GHz
> RAM : 1GB
>
> looking to get a solution from you guys :)
>
> Thanking
> Sarim Khan

Is there any Squid log info to indicate the request is even getting to
Squid? or what is happening once it does?

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1