[squid-users] Re: MySQL authentication problem

From: Sarim Khan <sarim2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 12:37:22 +0600

Hi,
Hello all,
I compiled and installed squid on debian 6 server. I want to use
authentication in proxy so i configure squid to use mysql.
I followed /ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Mysql tutorial of squid-cache wiki.
Now in my server,
/usr/lib/squid/squid_db_auth --user someuser --password xxxx
--plaintext --persist
this test runs ok,
now in my pc i run,
ssh -f root_at_domain.com -L 3128:domain.com:3128 -N
then i run,
chromium --proxy-server="localhost:3128"
but it's not working , i get the error,

No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no
data. Here are some suggestions: Reload this web page later. Error 324
(net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without
sending any data.

So think the problem is that i dont / cant use authentication because
i cant see any option of providing username and password in chromium
or firefox or system proxy setting window.

How can i provide the username and password to proxy server ?

My System info,

server : Debian 6 32-bit
processor : 300MHz
RAM : 256MB

pc : opensuse 11.4 kde 32bit
processor : core 2 duo 2.8GHz
RAM : 1GB

looking to get a solution from you guys :)

Thanking
Sarim Khan