[squid-users] using reverse squid to manage XMPP

From: Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo <charlie.mtp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:24:50 -0400

Hello, until now, everything that I question here have been solved, so
here I bring this new situation:

Debian 6 64 bits, with squid 3.1.12.

I have only one real IP with Kerio as firewall and in my private net
one reverse squid to publish my internal pages. I use Kerio because I
also have email and more services. So my clients wants to publish
their jabber to internet and I have the idea that the Squid could
route me the XMPP incoming traffic, because the outgoing traffic pass
throw the firewall with NAT.

I have a rule that tell all the incoming traffic in XMPP ports go to
my squid at 3128 port, but nothing happens, even in the log of squid
do not appear nothing.

I make a proof with my Jabber (Openfire) in/out throw Kerio and there
is no problem, so I'm missing some squid's configuration to do this,
or Squid it's not the solution to my trouble.

Can you help me?