Re: [squid-users] Site not retaining log in

From: Gonzalo Morera <gmorera_at_novell.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:23:20 +0100

Hi

I've seen this behavior with proxies that are not fully http 1.1 compliant like Novell Bordermanager proxy

I saw this behavior when the online shop has more than one ip address so traffic is balanced between them but both nodes do not share authentication info. If the proxy is not fully http 1.1 compliant, it will not hold the persistent connections properly so your first request will go to one ip address but when adding an item to the basket and refresh, this request goes to the other ip address. As the hosts do not share authentication info between the nodes, you'll get prompted for your credentials again and basket will be empty.

I do not know if this is your exact issue but a checking on webshop dns records and a simple lan trace with tcpdump on squid will show if this is the issue.

hope it helps

gonzalo

>>> "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio_at_piramide.ch> 23/5/2011 03:10 PM >>>
Hello people.

I got some curious behaviour with my transparent proxy setup.

When logging into a specific online shop, I can't get that site to
maintain my logged in status. Whenever I choose a product and put it
into the basket, I get asked again to log in (web form) and when I do
log in, my basket is empty.

Trying from a "proxy-less" LAN, it is working seamlessly!

Could anybody please help me in setting things right? If needed, I'll
gather some logs ...

Kind regards.

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL