[squid-users] Squid, squidGuard and Interception proxying

From: Brent Norris <brent_at_brentnorris.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:55:52 -0500

List,
        I currently have squid setup as an interception proxy in my school
district. I also have it configured on our static network machines.
        I understand that squid will not work as an interception proxy for
anything that isn't standard HTTP, according to documentation available
on the web.

        What I was wondering though is if there was a way that I could set my
Linux server up to accept other kinds of traffic (HTTPS, Streaming
media) and pass that traffic on without really proxying it, but still
comparing it against my squidguard lists?

        I do a lot of filtering of objectionable sites for our students in
squidguard and it would be a very big hole to all those sites through if
the students are using HTTPS to get to them.

        I am not really set in any specific way. If someone has a better idea
about how I should go about it, please feel free to give me any pointers
that you might have.

Thanks for any info that you can provide.
Brent