Re: [squid-users] CLOSE_WAIT connections with ICAP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 00:57:12 +1200

On 16/05/11 20:10, Daniel Beschorner wrote:
> We use Squid 3.1.12 with TrendMicro IWSVA as ICAP server and early responses enabled.
> I see a lot of ICAP connections hanging in FIN_WAIT1 state (with large Send-Q) on IWSVA and CLOSE_WAIT state on squid box (with large Recv-Q).
> Cache manager shows them as "idle connections".
>
> Can it be one of the discussed problems with cancelled requests or an other issue?
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

Which manager report? "idle connections" is a bit messy in the current
stables. It should only refer to the persistent, open, but not currently
in-use connections. The tag is left set sometimes and shows up on closed
ones.

If Squid actually sees them as closed or waiting in the idle pool, then
that would be one of the "large POST" or "large GET" bugs in bugzilla.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1