[squid-users] CLOSE_WAIT connections with ICAP

From: Daniel Beschorner <daniel.beschorner_at_evlks.de>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 13:50:12 +0200

> Which manager report? "idle connections" is a bit messy in the current
> stables. It should only refer to the persistent, open, but not currently
> in-use connections. The tag is left set sometimes and shows up on closed
> ones.
Under "File Descriptor Allocation".

> If Squid actually sees them as closed or waiting in the idle pool, then
> that would be one of the "large POST" or "large GET" bugs in bugzilla.
>
> Amos

Actually it looks like that:

Connections with FIN_WAIT1 state on ICAP server side seem ESTABLISHED at squid.
Squid connections in CLOSE_WAIT state are no longer visible at ICAP server side.

I will track the mentioned bugs und give feedback if next squid versions are making things better.

Thank you!
Daniel