[squid-users] How Squid behaves if we turn off Apachež

From: melissa schellenberg <abeille323_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:16:46 -0700

We're performing an upgrade on the CMS that is sitting behind Squid, and we want Squid to serve up ALL pages from its cache during the hour or two of the upgrade, so that no requests are made to the CMS during that time.  Is there a "hero mode" setting that we can toggle in Squid?  Or should we be pre-loading all cached pages with long expiry times beforehand?
I've been reading some rather old threads "offline mode" but that seems to be applying only to forward proxying.  Thanks in advance for any help!