RE: [squid-users] CAN TCP_OUTGOING_ADDRESS BIND TO ETH1? How to make D-S-L work on a machine with static routings?

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:19:02 +0000

Hello Amos,

> > Is it possible to bind squid to an interface?
>
> Squid uses the bind() API to the kernel. So no.

Thanks.

> > I think this sounded absurd :) Other option probably tcp_outgoing_tos/mark?
>
> Have you tried to get it working without Squid needing a particular
> sending IP? When Squid leaves the IP selection up the the OS its should
> be given the primary box IP as of the time of the connection setup. Most
> software use bind()/connect() just like Squid, so will also be having
> problems on your box if Squids default wont work.

There is default routing on the server and everything else including squid works fine.

I need to send some problematic users with high downloads to braodband line via the alternate 'ip route' table created.

> As a kludge workaround you can add an OS trigger on ppp-up/down to
> reconfigure Squid.

I do it like this now but I face some occasional issues. I wanted to know if it could be done within squid.

Jenny