Re: [squid-users] delay_access url_regex acl

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 01:40:48 +1200

On 28/05/11 00:46, Marc Nil wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am currently facing some troubles will using Squids
>>> feature to manage bandwidth (delay_pools, delay_access, ...)
>>>
>>> I would like to apply a 50kbytes/s limitation to each
>>> users and a global 3Mbytes/s limitation.
>>> There is a authentication group (I am working with NTLM
>>> authentication) for which I apply no limit.
>>> Here is the conf :
>>> acl InternetAdmin external InetGroup Internet_Admin
>>>
>>> delay_pools 1
>>> delay_class 1 2
>>> delay_parameters 1 3145728/3145728 51200/51200
>>> delay_access 1 allow !InternetAdmin
>>> delay_access 1 deny all
>>>
>>> This works fine.
>>
>> You sure? delay_access does not do external ACL lookups for the auth. There must be a matching http_access test to perform the lookups and cache them first.
>
> Yes the http_access rule is the following :
> http_access allow InternetAdmin
>

>>> Now I want to allow all user to download at normal speed
>>> on some sites.
>>> acl whitelist.no_limit url_regex
>>> "/etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit" # "/etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit contains list of sites with no BW limit
>>>
>>> delay_pools 1
>>> delay_class 1 2
>>> delay_parameters 1 3145728/3145728 51200/51200
>>> delay_access 1 allow !whitelist.no_limit !InternetAdmin
>>> delay_access 1 deny all
>>
>> This looks correct for delay_access. Is a bit non-intuitive though.
>>
>> Try this for easier reading later:
>> delay_access 1 deny whitelist.no_limit
>> delay_access 1 deny InternetAdmin
>> delay_access 1 allow all
>>

> I also tested this option (with the sale result) I even removed the InternetAdmin line (still the same result)

Definitely the regex bits then.

>>> However with such configuration all sites (even those in
>>> whitelist.no_limit) are limited in bandwidth.
>>
>> I suspect some error in the regex patterns. Check for patterns that are short and could match anywhere. Post the whitelist here if you want any help with the check.
>>

> I don't think there is any possible missmatch with those regex
> (I used "http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/5.9/npp.5.9.Installer.exe" to test a non-whitelisted url)
>
> cat /etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit
> www.microsoft.com
> cdimage.debian.org

These are not suitable for regex. If working they will give high speed
web access anywhere just by appending "?wwwImicrosoftIcom" to the URL etc.

Being domain names they are better suited for use in a dstdomain ACL.

>> Alternatively if you added the whitelist to http_access as well it could have screwed with the http_access login lookup. Making login unavailable and always fail at the delay_access check.
>
> Most of the url in the whitelist.no_limit are also whitelisted somewhere in a http_access.

Fine *if* the login http_access is still always being run.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1