Re: [squid-users] stablish local web page as home page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 01:05:48 +1200

On 31/05/11 00:00, Camilo Cadena wrote:
> hi, we have a wi-fi network using ubuntu server 10.04 and squid 2.7.
> All seems to work fine. Now, we want that everytime a user of my
> local network opens his browser he must see a web page .php the is
> inside my server, but we don't know how to do this.
>
> if we wrote the ip address of this file inside my server as
> 192.168.1.123/prova it works, i can see it and i can continue the
> navigation after that, but what we want is to make this in automatic,
> this way the user don't have to write anything because the browser
> make it itself.
>
> we will appreciate some help here.
>
> thank you

"Home page" is a concept that exists only within the users browser.
There is no way to affect that from outside the users PC.

Portals like wi-fi access proxies have a concept popularly known as
"splash pages". The details of setting one up in Squid are at:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1