Re: [squid-users] Allow access for specific user from specific host

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:39:21 +1200

On 31/05/11 22:22, Vipul Gupta wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am a new-be here. I am creating two acl's one for hosts and another
> with users. The config is given below
>
> acl AuthUser proxy_auth REQUIRED
>
> acl allowedHost src "/etc/squid/guard/privileged/testRule-ip"
> acl allowedUser proxy_auth "/etc/squid/guard/privileged/testRule-user"
> acl max_con maxconn 50
> http_access deny allowedHost allowedUser max_con
> deny_info ERR_TOOMANY_CONN allowedHost allowedUser max_con

deny_info takes *one* name for the ACL whose deny match will display it.

> http_reply_access allow allowedHost allowedUser
> http_access allow allowedHost allowedUser

Those two lines do the same thing. You do not need to check the reply if
the request is already validated the same.

> http_access allow AuthRequred
> http_reply_access allow all
> http_access deny all
>

> The value of acls are:
> allowedHost: 10.10.100.10, 10.10.100.20
> allowedUser: test1, test2
>
> Everything else is blocked. The problem is I want only allowedUser to
> access internet from allowedHost, But I am able to access internet
> from other hosts also using same user names.

Due to "http_access allow AuthRequred" - anyone who can login is allowed.

Use this:

   deny_info ERR_TOOMANY_CONN max_con

   http_access deny !allowedHost
   http_access deny max_con
   http_access deny !AuthRequred
   http_access allow allowedUser
   http_access deny all

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2