[squid-users] Squid TProxy Problem

From: Ali Majdzadeh <ali.majdzadeh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:32:08 -0700

Hello All,
I have setup the following configuration:
Squid (3.1.12) (--enable-linux-netfilter passed as the one and only
configure option)
Kernel (2.6.38.3)
iptables (1.4.11)

I have added the following two directives in squid.conf:
http_port 3128
http_port 3129 tproxy

Also, I have configured iptables with the following rules:
iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m socket -j DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY
--tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-port 3129

Everything work as expected, I mean, the users can surf the web and
the proxy server is transparent. The problem is that actually there is
no caching. I mean, both cache.log and access.log files are empty. On
the other hand, if I manually set the proxy configuration in clients'
browsers (the IP address of the squid server and port number 3128)
everything is OK; the log files are incremented and objects are
cached.

Have anyone faced the same issue?

Warm Regards,
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani