[squid-users] Squid proxy setup on home network (Telus Optik internet/tv)

From: me <nfo.overload_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:12:23 -0600

Hi guys,
Looking for a little bit of advice.  Trying to setup a Squid Proxy
server on Ubuntu 10 server at home.  Would like to keep the Squid box
on the same network as the computer on the LAN are on1 network.
(192.168.1.x)

Internet => Actiontec (v1000h wifi router, DHCP) => wired set top
boxes for TV/desktop/laptops(wifi)/
Grandstream HT 502 for voip

1) What is the best way to setup this?
2) I cannot forward ALL my LAN traffic to the Squid box currently as
the actiontec does not have that feature.

Would like the desktops/laptops to use the Squid proxy and also to be
able to bypass proxy if playing adhoc.

Was able to setup squid proxy (2 NICS) by installing a switch on one
of the router ports and using another network segment (192.168.2.x)
but that only covered the wired computers attached to the switch.

Test setup was as follows
Internet => Actiontec (v1000h wifi router, DHCP) =>
laptops(wifi)/Grandstream HT 502 for voip
Actiontec router (same router as above) => switch => desktop

Thanks.