Re: [squid-users] redirect

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 13:58:12 +1200

On 12/06/11 10:09, mbe wrote:
> How do I redirect a request back to the internet, if the adress (dst) is not
> allowed in the acl? No message or failure notice shall be shown.
>
> matthias

You seem to mistake how both redirect and ACL work.

  * ACL permit/deny permission to use the proxy for a request. When
denied a response is sent to the *client*.

  * HTTP redirect is just a special type of such responses. Which has a
30x status instead of 40x.

Whether anything gets shown is up to the clients software agent. GET
requests usually get repeated automatically and load the new location
without displaying any difference. Other requests are usually required
to ask the user if its safe to continue etc.
  The type of agent also matters.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2