Re: [squid-users] squid 3.1.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:08:40 +1200

On 12/06/11 06:28, Shenavandeh wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Thanks for your time and nice comments on the config file
>
> It is impossible for me to use "debug_options ALL,6" under such load.
> log file grows wildly and easily eats the whole hard disk !
> Any other solutions to capture the log?

There are two tricky alternatives.

One is the -l command line option to send the log to syslog. You need a
syslog server that can handle the traffic though.

The other is using -X (which generates a huge lot more log
unfortunately) and piping the results out to somewhere that can handle it.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2