Re: [squid-users] Mac address on error page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:13:47 +1200

 On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:30:29 -0300, Fábio Cruz wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using 3.1 version filtering client's access by mac address and
> would like to provide it on access denied error page ( as IP
> address).
> This info will be used by a thrid part system to automatically deal
> with new hosts.
> There is an old note about that (2007) saying that was possible but
> with changes on C code. Others telling to use external acl which I
> didn't get.
> Can someone put me on right direction on that?
>
> Thanks everyone!
> Fábio Cruz

 Take a look at the EUI handling changes in Squid-3.2. This may help you
 with some of it and perhapse some alternative ideas.

 Reading between the lines I guess you are trying to setup a background
 MAC-based login?

 Full EUI is planned to become available with squid-3.2. It is currently
 available in logs and external_acl parameters. The error page and splash
 page substitution is still being worked on.

 For now you can use the %o tag to embed it in error pages. Which
 displays arbitrary content sent back by the external_acl_type helper in
 its message= reply parameter.

 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/
 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CustomErrors

 Amos