Re: [squid-users] What's the easiest way to allow direct HTTPS connection in Intercept mode?

From: kkk kkk <fafafa888_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:14:01 -0400

Thanks Amos. Does NAT port 443 back to the original website's IP works
on multiple different websites? For example, https://www.gmail.com,
https://www.pandora.com, and etc?

The reason I'm asking is I tried a similar method in using RINETD to
forward all traffic going through port 443 of my Squid back to the
original IP of www.pandora.com. Unfortunately, I did not realize all
other HTTPS requests are also forwarded to the IP of www.pandora.com.
For example, https://www.gmail.com also takes me to www.pandora.com

Since I'm running the Intercept mode, the forwarding needs to be
dynamic and match each HTTPS domain name with proper original IP. Can
this be done in Squid or iptables?

Thanks again,
Nick