Re: [squid-users] Squid DNS Issues

From: Richard Zulu <richardzulu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:25:15 +0300

Amos,
Yes, you are right!
My internal DNS Stats are as follows:
Nameservers:
IP ADDRESS # QUERIES # REPLIES
---------------------------------------------- --------- ---------
xxx.xxx.xxx.xx 51219 46320

You realise there is quite a big lap between the queries and replies.

Other than the NAT errors, queue length errors, and large url warnings
in the config file, I cannot seem to pinpoint why my server develops a
long queue and cannot get most of it's queries resolved by the DNS.
DNS is working well for other squid servers. Shifting users from the
failing squid server to another functioning squid server causes the
functioning squid server to experience the same issues.

What is interesting though, is that no sooner have I started my squid,
than I get queue congestion warning and numerous NAT warnings.