Re: [squid-users] any badly broken webserver to test corner cases?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:19:22 +1200

On 28/06/11 23:32, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> I was wondering what Squid developers use to test the proxy (or
> generally, any other software which core usage is interacting with web
> servers, like a web browser)?

You had probably as the developers that. They/we hang out on the
squid-dev mailing list. This is a general helpdesk kind of list for
admin folk.

Speaking for myself I use a perl script to generate custom replies in
various states of brokenness matching whatever I'm fixing. Or the real
servers people are having trouble with in their bug reports.

> Is there any "badly broken webserver" out there, which could be used to
> test corner case Squid usage?
>
> I mean broken by design, with configurable broken stuff, randomly
> resetting connections, feeding rubbish in headers,
> improper/unexpected/slow replies etc.

Sounds like you want to speak to The Measurement Factory. They have
quite a range of HTTP testing systems.

PS. I'm interested in the options here too if anyone else out there has
more info.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9 and 3.1.12.3