[squid-users] "The server is refusing connections" occurs only on gmail.com

From: Jay <globalcobu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:40:43 +0000 (UTC)

Could you give me some advise, pls?

I am using both squid and dansguardian on a linux box which has been running a
few years and setup by someone else. Now, I need to do some work on this server
box.

When users open browser, it asks username and password. This has been working
fine,so I am not talking about authentication.

There are two user groups and group1 can go to gmail.com but group2 cannot.

Now, users assigned to group2 wants to access to gmail.com.

"grep -R "gmail.com" /etc/" does not help, unfortunately.
I have been looking around /etc/squid/ and /etc/dansguardian/ but cannot find
anything that blocks gmail.com for group2.

I am sure that it is not blocked by dansguardian because browser shows message
from dansguardian if it is done by dansguardian.
Browser shows ""The server is refusing connections" that can be displayed by
squid I guess.

Furthermore, I checked access.log for gmail.com by logging on as a user who
belong to group2.

"tailf /var/log/squid/access.log" and tailf /var/log/dansguardian/access.log"
but cannot show anything.
On the other hand, when I access to such as cnn.com, it shows real time info.

Ummmm......

I need help, pls?

Jay