[squid-users] maximum_object_size per domain or other request checks

From: Robert Marcano <robert_at_marcanoonline.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:11:54 -0430

I am trying to configure Squid so it can cache big files from a specific
domain. The option maximum_object_size is a global value for all
cache_dir available. So I can increase it but my problem is that I do
not want to allow caching of big files from another sites.

Tried increasing maximum_object_size and then cache option to test the
response and the allow or deny the caching with no success, Squid can
not check the real response body size, and testing content-length header
is not always possible (not present on every response)

Can this be done? do I need to setup more cache hierarchies for this? I
am trying to run a single Squid instance for simplicity.
reply_body_max_size does not help because I do not want to limit
downloads to anybody, I just want to limit caching of some big files not all

Thanks in advance