Re: [squid-users] Is there any way to "turn off" or disable the HTTP/1.1 features of Squid?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:20:18 +1200

On 08/07/11 03:46, David Salisbury wrote:
> Behind a Squid 2.7 STABLE9 proxy, I have a website I'm connecting to
> that is trying to send back a "100-continue", which (as noted in the
> Squid documentation) is not compatible with this version of Squid and is
> breaking the connection. As my subject says, is there any way to "turn
> off" any HTTP/1.1 features in Squid so I can rule out my side doing any
> advertising as 1.1 as being a point of confusion for the remote server
> in question? Squid is definitely making a request as 1.1, as evidenced
> by output from squidclient:
>
> "headers: 'GET http://www.server-im-trying-to-get-to.com/ HTTP/1.1"

squidclient only shows the headers between itself and Squid. Not the
headers on the other side of Squid.

> Can I "force" Squid to make requests as HTTP/1.0?
> David

Squid-2.7 does not send HTTP/1.1 to servers unless you explicitly
configure it by adding the "http11" option on cache_peer.

Squid-2.7 will also drop 100-continue responses as they arrive.

To "fix" 100-continue problems the only solution is to enable the
HTTP/1.1 feature handling of Expect: headers. 2.7 has enough support
enabled by default with the ignore_expect100 directive being turned OFF
to drop the Expect: header out of transactions and "fix" any problems it
would have caused.

Amos

--
Please be using