Re: [squid-users] RFC2616 and old http

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:19:56 +1200

On 14/07/11 22:05, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I read in RFC2616 the following context:
> "When a directive appears without any 1#field-name parameter, the
> directive applies to the entire request or response. When such a
> directive appears with a 1#field-name parameter, it applies only to
> the named field or fields, and not to the rest of the request or
> response. This mechanism supports extensibility; implementations of
> future versions of the HTTP protocol might apply these directives to
> header fields not defined in HTTP/1.1."
>
> Squid does support and implement it?

All squid implement HTTP/1.0. The newer ones implement various amounts
of HTTP/1.1, increasing from ~50% in 2.6 to >80% in 3.2.

No, squid does not implement that particular detail (yet). It does the
conservative thing and applies "private" or "no-cache" to the whole
response. That will change in some future release when somebody gets
around to adding support for it.

Amos

--
Please be using