Re: [squid-users] Squid - Reverse Proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 00:27:34 +1200

On 14/07/11 23:45, viswanathan sekar wrote:
> Thank you very much Amos
>
> When sibling realtionship is configured in cache_peer without any
> protocols( icp/htcp), whether squid sends GET request to peers instead
> of ICP/HTCP requests ?
>
> Eg.
>
> cache_peer 172.16.1.10 sibling 3128 0 no-query
> cache_peer 172.16.1.11 sibling 3128 0 no-query

I don't think it does. sibling is a "sideways" level of hierarchy. Going
there is only worthwhile if there is a guarantee that the object an be
fetched faster than via a parent or direct. If Squid has no knowledge of
object there then it cannot make that choice.

Sibling will be picked if they (a) answer to ICP, (b) answer to HTCP,
(c) provide a cache digest matching the URL hash. There is also some
case for originserver siblings when doing origin parent checks.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9