Re: [squid-users] ICP or HTCP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:30:42 +1200

On 23/07/11 20:30, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to run squid that never any responds.(such as MISS and so on.)I

Possible ways to do that involve unplugging the ethernet cables to the
squid box or firewall blocks preventing packets entering any squid
listening port.

I think you mean something else. Longer explanation may help?

> decides to use cache_peer, Of course , speed of between 2 machine is
> very critical for me.Because i have just 2 machine:
> ICP or HTCP?
> which has better efficiency?

Neither. Both.

  ICP - small, fast, but inaccuracy may lead to slower than normal replies.

  HTCP - fast, accurate, but large packet size (jumbograms many KB each)
reduces overall bandwidth capacity and may lead to slowdown.

The only any to know for sure is to test.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10