[squid-users] cache_peer allow-miss

From: senthil kumar <senthilkumaar2021_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:10:30 +0530

Hello All,

We have three squid servers for testing and for our requirement we
configured as follows,

squid1.conf
cache_peer squid2 sibling 80 3130
squid2.conf
cache_peer squid3 sibling 80 3130 allow-miss

We are getting the following error "Valid document was not found in
the cache and 'only-if-cached' directive was specified", When
squid1 makes request to squid2 and in turn squid2 makes request to
squid3

The setup works fine when we use allow-miss option. We may include few
other squid servers as sibling in future. In this case allow-miss tag
will cause any forwarding loop?
or it causes any trouble?

Can any one explain how allow-miss?

Thanks