[squid-users] Installing Squid from Binary

From: Justin Lawler <jlawler_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 08:09:29 +0300

Hi,

We want to upgrade squid to a greater number of FD's. We want to do a build on an off-line environment to do testing on, and then deploy that executable in production.

Is this possible? From all the articles I've seen so far, the only way to install squid is to rebuild on the same machine, then do a 'make install'.

Thanks and regards,
Justin