Re: [squid-users] Re: Cache Access Denied Error

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:41:25 +1200

On 21/08/11 05:41, Logan wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I have put up a new SQUID with NTLM authentication
>
> centos 5.6 + squid-2.6.STABLE21-6.el5 + samba-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2
>
> Basic configuration and authentication part is done . wbinfo -t and -u and
> -g and the ntlm authentication testing ... all are working fine.
> it works only when
>
> http_access allow all
>
> on other wise... it pop up with the authentication windows and it gives the
> cache access denied though after entering the correct username and password
>

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Cache Access Denied.
> Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
>
> http://www.google.com/
> from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.
>

> exactly same issue as reported in the below,
>
> http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Cache-Access-Denied-on-squid-2-6-STABLE18-td1554740.html

_exactly_ the same? Such as making the user traffic so "anonymous" the
users cannot be authenticated?

Hint: allow WWW-Authenticate and Proxy-Authenticate headers to be sent
to the user.

> usual TCP denied error message in access.log and nothing significant in
> cache.log as well.
>
> Driving me grazy.. this issue... any lights will be higly appreciated...

If dropping your anonymity rules for login does not immediately solve
the problem...

  Try rising the debug_options level of logging in squid.conf.

  Try adding the -d option to your authenticator to see what is
happening inside it.

Amos

--
Please be using