RE: [squid-users] Tproxy time

From: John Hardin <jhardin_at_impsec.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 20:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> NAT is a very different beast to TPROXY at the IP level. For starters
> the outgoing IP address in NAT is one assigned to the Squid box. They
> have already tried with manually configured proxy, which performs the
> same outgoing connection actions as NAT would. That works. A NAT test
> will provide no new information.

I apologize, I had the wrong mental model for what was being asked; my
brain was stuck on regular transparent proxy, not tproxy with client IP
spoofing.

Suggestion withdrawn.

  jhardin_at_impsec.org    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a jhardin_at_impsec.org
   Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) means that now you use your
   computer at the sufferance of Microsoft Corporation. They can
   kill it remotely without your consent at any time for any reason;
   it also shuts down in sympathy when the servers at Microsoft crash.
  4 days until the 1932nd anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii