Re: [squid-users] adding Trailing newline

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:36:49 +1200

On 25/08/11 15:00, Yucong Sun (叶雨飞) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some website don't send trailing newline in their http response,
> (check http://ipcheckit.com/ ) that breaks my client software as they
> are expecting it as the end of message.
>
> Is there something I can do in squid to have it adding that for me?
>
> Cheers.

You need to fix your client software to be compliant with HTTP protocol.

The message body for both request and response has exactly three forms
of ending:
  1) A byte position specified in the headers,
  2) a byte position specified by chunked encoding header,
  3) closure of the TCP connection.

Newline bytes are not relevant.

Amos

--