Re: [squid-users] Modify the HTML by squid be return to the visitor

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:25:54 +1200

On 25/08/11 15:14, 铀煌林 wrote:
> I am running the squid on my proxy server and provide proxy service to visitors.
> I want to add some HTML codes such as "<h1>Hi [USERNAME], you are
> useing my proxy</h1>" at the first line inside the<body> tag. And
> return this to my visitors. So they can not only see the page they
> want to, but also my notification.
> How could squid do that?

This is a very, very bad idea. Your customers will NOT enjoy it.

Before you go any further with this idea. Here are the results from
other peoples attempts to alter content:
  * Rogers http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000349.html
  * http://davefleet.com/2007/12/canadian-isp-rogers-hijacking-web-pages/
  * T-Mobile
http://www.mysociety.org/2011/08/11/mobile-operators-breaking-content/
  * Phorm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/pda/2008/apr/16/moreonispshijackingourweb
  *
http://serverfault.com/questions/298277/add-frame-window-to-all-websites-for-users-on-network

Please consider the more socially acceptable alternative of a
splash/welcome page instead. Keeping in mind that even this portal
approach is only acceptable for free or "cheap" services. If your
customers are paying for access, that is what they are wanting. Not
fancy gimicks that interfere with their content.

> I do some search, but find nothing. Thank a lot for any reply.

Lookup web page and HTML hijacking methods. ICAP, eCAP.

Then be prepared to risk legal action by the page copyright owners and
loosing your customers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality#Legal_situation

Amos

--