Re: [squid-users] Logging/Capturing POST data

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 03:24:51 +1200

On 02/09/11 02:04, Will Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Amos Jeffries<squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Before you go any further. Why? "I'd like to" is nowhere near good enough
>> reason to touch or even look at that data.
>
> I suppose "because I said so" isn't good enough either? :)
>
> Seriously though, what I'm trying to do is record a browsing session
> so that it can be replayed at a later date for testing. So I need to
> be able to record everything the browser is sending so that I can
> replicate it. I was trying to use squid simply because I'm already
> using it as a normal proxy and saw what I wanted as being an extension
> of that functionality. I realize that squid might not be the best tool
> for this task and if you still think I'm being silly I'll look at
> other tools.

The best tool for that job would be tcpdump or similar. For both capture
and replay.

If you can cope with a rough sanitized version of the traffic that squid
handles once the parser has polished it and access controls have done
all their bits. ICAP and eCAP would be the next best tools. There are
interfaces for them directly after http_access controls and before cache
on replies.

Amos

--
Please be using