[squid-users] Multiple domains, same cache?

From: Daniel Gary <dgary1980_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:59:18 -0700

Hey All,

Ok, so I have a quandary, I have a client who has multiple domains, some
of which are just subdomains to the same vhost, running the same code,
but from what I understand if I went to bob.test.dom and steve.test.dom,
even if they return the exact same content they would get cached
separately, which makes sense, how would squid know if they shouldn't.
Unfortunately, I need it to cache them together, we have a mobile
subdomain that gets random bouts of traffic, not enough to really
populate a cache on its own fully, but has identical content to another
subdomain which gets more than enough, and we don't want the server
impacted by uncached content if possible.

Anyway I can get them using the same cached content without forcedomain
or a rewrite/redirector?

Thanks,
-Daniel