Re: [squid-users] Multiple domains, same cache?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 23:41:46 +1200

On 15/09/11 07:59, Daniel Gary wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Ok, so I have a quandary, I have a client who has multiple domains, some
> of which are just subdomains to the same vhost, running the same code,
> but from what I understand if I went to bob.test.dom and steve.test.dom,
> even if they return the exact same content they would get cached
> separately, which makes sense, how would squid know if they shouldn't.
> Unfortunately, I need it to cache them together, we have a mobile
> subdomain that gets random bouts of traffic, not enough to really
> populate a cache on its own fully, but has identical content to another
> subdomain which gets more than enough, and we don't want the server
> impacted by uncached content if possible.
>
> Anyway I can get them using the same cached content without forcedomain
> or a rewrite/redirector?

No. Those are the features by which you convert one public URL into a
different backend URL. storeurl feature in Squid-2.7 can combine both to
the same cache key URL, but still is based on a re-writer. We do not
have anything like internal re-write yet in any public release.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11