Re: [squid-users] Etag Caching Squid2.7Stable9!

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:55:31 +1200

 On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 00:25:23 +0300, Ghassan Gharabli wrote:
> Hello Amos,
>
> I will try to compile Squid 2.7 Stable9 since it doesnt exist on
> Windows .

 http://www.acmeconsulting.it/ provide bundles of 2.7.STABLE8. Which is
 almost identical to STABLE9. They differ only in STABLE9 supporting an
 old OpenSSL version which STABEL8 does not. This does not seem to be
 relevant on Windows.

> Does Squid 2.7Stable9 Support Etag Caching ?

 As far as I know it does.

> My Target is to apply Youtube.patch and so many options I have seen
> on
> internet but I always wanted to ask you before I do anything . Is it
> possible to apply patches like ignore-no-store , store-stale ,
> ignore-must-revalidate .
>
> If that would be possible for me then I am going to be happy at least
> I can have all configurations in one Squid Instance .
>

> I already thought of installing Squid Version Lusca Head on Windows
> but it is so buggy though I really liked the Lusca head .

 Lusca is not squid. It is a commercial fork of squid-2.HEAD Adrian
 decided to make when the rest of us decided to move all development to
 the 3.x series.

> What are your suggestion to have all these options in one Squid
> Version ?

 Not sure what you mean by Youtube.patch. The rest are all existing
 features of the Squid-3 series.

 If you want them, we need assistance from someone with access and
 familiarity coding IPC sockets on Windows. Limited developer time,
 access, and experience with the modern Windows features has made
 progress in the SMP area slow. Help would be very welcome.

 Amos