Re: [squid-users] Facebook page very slow to respond

From: Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian_at_joonet.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 21:06:35 +0200

Wilson Hernandez <wilson_at_optimumwireless.com> wrote on 2011-10-08 14:40:

> I don't know what's going on and can't even troubleshoot it. Is it only
> happening in our LAN?

In our school network there were no problems. I know them because after
activating squidguard the pupils "had problems with facebook".

But perhaps it is another problem which I had some weeks before: check
your DNS server entries (in /etc/resolv.conf and in your local bind9).
The provider sometimes change its IP's. And you should always use the
DNS server of your own provider - that is usually the fastest way.

---
Have a nice day.
Joachim (Germany)