RE: [squid-users] Splash page -- detect if client is mobile?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:08:20 +1300

 On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:15:02 +0000, Sébastien WENSKE wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> I think that you can achieve that with dynamic stuff like PHP and
> browser
> headers.
>
> Sebastian

 Well, yes. It can be handled by javascript and CSS a lot better than by
 Squid or the web server.

 Squid provides a "browser" type ACL to scan for regex patterns in the
 User-Agent string. But it is really hard to tell the difference between
 UA on smartphones, tablets, notebooks, projectors and PCs these days.
 I'm apt to say don't bother since you can design the page to be flexible
 on its own.

 Amos