Re: [squid-users] How to filter response in squid-3.1.x?

From: Kaiwang Chen <kaiwang.chen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 05:15:22 +0800

After a few investigation, I found the statement from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ecap_service/:
        vectoring_point =
reqmod_precache|reqmod_postcache|respmod_precache|respmod_postcache
                This specifies at which point of transaction processing the
                eCAP service should be activated. *_postcache vectoring points
                are not yet supported.

Also in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP, similiar statement was found:
Pre-cache REQMOD and RESPMOD vectoring points are supported

Notice 6.1 Vectoring points from rfc5703 suggests 4 classess of
different adaption. I guess the above statemets is class 1, client
requests "on its way into the cache", and class 3, responses "on its
way into the cache"? A positive answer might be really bad news for
me, since I am looking for class 4, client-specific responses coming
from the surrogate.. Would anyone please make me clear?

Thanks,
Kaiwang