Re: [squid-users] Facebook page very slow to respond

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 19:06:31 +0100

On 20/10/2011 06:11, Wilson Hernandez wrote:

> To tell you the truth I don't know whats the deal: bandwithd or squid
> but, is really getting in my nerve loosing users left and right every
> week.... I need to come up with a solution before my whole network
> goes down the drain....

You need to get a reproducible situation and work from there. Find a
tame user with the problem and get network timings, etc. Trace it on
the server, setup direct access vs proxy access for them and compare
performance, etc.

You can use things like Chromes developer mode, or Firefox
Firebug/Tamperdata to see network traffic and timings - that alone would
probably help you a lot (pages can seem sluggish if certain assets such
as javascript or css are slow to load and block page rendering - often
these assets can be advertising things, or other things which might be
handled differently in your proxying situation)

Good luck

Ed W