Re: [squid-users] Facebook page very slow to respond

From: Andrew Rogers <andy.rogers_at_andyscomp.f9.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:46:51 +0100

Hi

Have you tried to use a ACL based upon a type of list of:-

acl AlwaysDirectSites url_regex -i "/etc/squid3/alwaysdirectsites"
http_access allow AlwaysDirectSites
always_direct allow AlwaysDirectSites

Also as a safety measure, I would possibly use

cache_peer_access deny AlwaysDirectSites

to ensure these did not get passed to and Cache Peers.

This setup I use basically to prevent any sites listed in the file
"/etc/squid3/alwaysdirectsites" to be sent to a Cache Peer and to
always go out direct, and thus hopefully not have any filtering
issues.

This has got us around issues of some sites where they sometimes are
not Proxy friendly for some reason.

Thanks

Andy