[squid-users] search engine returning 0 results

From: Nathan Hawk <nathanh_at_eihnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:22:12 -0500

Hello,
I sent an email to the support team at metacrawler.com but can't get a
reply. I would really appreciate any tips concerning this problem.
Here's what I sent them:

"I have a subnet behind a Squid caching proxy. When one of the computers
on that subnet uses metacrawler.com to search for something, 0 results
are returned. I am using a slackware linux box as the
router/firewall/proxy. If I remove this line: -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m
tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128 from the iptables firewall,
metacrawler.com returns search results as normal. I don't understand
what is causing this. I haven't noticed any problems with any other
websites at all. Thanks in advance."

Thank You,
-nathan