Re: [squid-users] site slow in loading

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:50:23 +1030

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 08:45:12PM +0200, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> this site is slow as hell.

I assume you mean the commbank site?

> i know about couple of sites that has java scripts in them that causes
> this kind of behavior.
> it's not related to any dns issue but the structure of the site.
> the site is using two domains with ssl.

OK, then how do we explain the observations:

1) the site seems to be much more responsive with squid 2.5 stable 6
2) the site seems to be much more responsive if I add the IP addresses
for site servers into /etc/hosts.

> also on normal surfing to the site it takes a longer time then any other
> site.

I know the site is not the most speedy at the best of times, though it
can be surprisingly swift sometimes *but* there is a massive speed
difference going from one version of squid to the next and also by
effectively bypassing the DNS lookups. There is definitely something
fishy going on.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: