Re: [squid-users] site slow in loading

From: Brett Lymn <brett.lymn_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:18:40 +1030

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 06:25:24PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> I get these results:

OK, we use caching DNS servers on the boxes, resolv.conf points at
127.0.0.1, I get this:

[root_at_edpsvproxy001 etc]# time host -t A www.my.commbank.com.au
www.my.commbank.com.au has address 140.168.131.21

real 0m0.016s
user 0m0.002s
sys 0m0.004s

> Squid-3.1 has 30-60 second DNS lookup timeout.

OK, I tried setting:

dns_timeout 2 minutes

but that does not seem to help much, in firefox 6 the spinner sits there
going anticlockwise for about 60 - 90 seconds which I think means it is
waiting for a response and then changes to spinning clockwise, shortly
after that the page loads.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: